Ultracet is an orally administered pain-reliever comprises of two foremost active components like Tramadol hydrochloride and Acetaminophen. This therapy is also indicated to overcome the severe pain conditions.
Ultracet completes pain relief in two ways-
- It binds to the opioid receptors and inhibits the activity of neurotransmitters, serotonin and nor epinephrine. This kind of inhibition may lead to the suppression of pain signals from nerve to the spinal cord and human brain.
- Acetaminophen inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins and gives relief from the unbearable pain. It reduces the fever which is caused due to body pain.
Why this medication is prescribed?
It has a painkilling property and it is utilized for the treatment of mild to rigorous pain.
Dosing regimen of Ultracet
You have to take 4 pills of Ultracet in a day, but in a break of 4 to 6 hours. It ought to be swallowed with a glass of water. This drug should be taken with or without meals. The dose of this drug may be depends on the age, body weight and severity of pain condition. Do not use this drug more than 3 weeks.
Detrimental effects of Ultracet
Common adverse effects of Ultracet may involve-
- Feeling of drowsiness
- Diarrhea, vomiting and stomach pain
- Itching, seating and redness of the skin
Severe adverse effects of Ultracet may include-
- Difficulty in proper breathing
- Trouble in swallowing
- Agitation, hallucination, tachycardia (fast heart rate)
- Severe allergic reactions like sore throat, swelling in your face, tongue, burning sensation in your eyes.
Possible drug interact with Ultracet
Some medications may interact with Ultracet are-
- MAO inhibitors like Isocarboxazid, Methylene Blue, and Procarbazine
- Azole derivatives like Ketoconazole, Fluconazole, Itraconazole and Miconazole
- Some Anticoagulant medications are Heparin and Warfarin
- Some Antibiotics such as Telithromycin, Clarithromycin and Erythromycin
- Some alpha-2- receptors like Dexazosin, Prazosin, and Haloperidol
Contraindications of Ultracet
This analgesic therapy is not indicated under some medical conditions-
- If you are hypersensitive to generic Tramadol and Acetaminophen.
- In case of kidney and liver impairment.
- In case of pregnant and breastfeeding mothers.
- If you have seizures and other respiratory disease.
- In instance of high blood pressure.
- In you are suffering from stomach and intestinal ulcers.
Safety and precautions of Ultracet
Safety measures are required while taking this drug-
- While taking this pill, you ought to ignore the use of alcohol.
- Don’t use more than 4 pills within a day; it will damage your kidney.
- After taking the drugs, avoid driving and doing any activity which requires lots of attention because this drug may cause a feeling of drowsiness.
- If you have any breathing issues, so don’t consume this drug.
- It is not meant for adolescent under the age of 18 years.
How to store Ultracet?
- The appropriate storage temperature of this drug is 300 C.
- Keep this drug away from the reach of sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from the sight of kids.
In case of missed dose of Ultracet
If you skip a dose of this drug, than take it as soon as you keep in mind, but if it the time near to the next dose, then leave the missed dose and follow regular dosing regimen.
Don’t take the two pills of Ultracet at a same time.
In case of overdose of Ultracet
Some overdose symptoms of this drug are nausea, faintness, vertigo and difficulty in breathing.
In occurrence of overdose of this drug, instantly call your doctor and get some emergency help.
|Strength||TRAMADOL ACETAMINOPHEN - Ultracest 37.5mg + Acetaminophen 325mg|