MTP Kit is a dual combo kit and is used to take care of unwanted pregnancy.the two combinatrion includes Mifepristone & Misoprostol Mifepristone works by blocking the hormone progesterone which is responsible to maintain the pregnancy. In the absence of progesterone, the lining of the uterus breaks down and thereby the continuation of pregnancy comes to a halt. The second pill is Misoprostol (a prostaglandin) and it is responsible for contraction of the uterus. The pill assures total termination of pregnancy and causes cramping and bleeding.
The dosage for Mtp kit is approved by the physician and the dosage regime is for 14 days i.e two weeks .it involves three steps The first visit includes signing the letter of consent and take the first combination pill i.e. Mifepristone. The second dose is taken 48 to 72 hours after the first pill intake. On papers it is the third day of your treatment where you pay the second visit to the clinic. Misoprostol is prescribed which is responsible for contraction of uterus and expel the unwanted corpse. The result is soon observed after four to five hours of taking the medication and includes symptoms like cramps and vaginal bleeding due to contraction of uterus. The final visit is on the fourteenth day and includes few laboratory tests which assure termination of pregnancy.
Along with some needful effects there are some unwanted effects which are shown with MTP KIT. The side effects include nausea, headache, cramps, diarrhea, vomiting and excessive bleeding.
- Before starting of with Mtp kit certain precautions are required which includes.
- If you are found to be pregnant, discuss with your doctor.
- If you are using any contraceptive devices, you should not use Mtp Kit or try to talk it out with your physician.
- depending on the severity of adrenal failure you should use Mtp Kit.
- If you are taking any steroid medication,talk with your doctor before you start up with Mtp Kit.
|Generic||Mifepristone With Misoprostol|
|Strength||Mifepristone with Misoprostol Kit (MTP Kit)|
- MTP kit works Review by Sherry Davidson
Thanks to medsonine4u.us customer care department for suggesting me MTP Kit. (Posted on 7/1/16)
- Perfect Review by Andrew